Every year there are tons of posts online on ideas for Valentine’s day, but thanks to Parks and Recreation the newest thing to celebrate is Galentine’s day. I decided to take my personal twist on Galentine’s day, and decided to make it a day all about self love. For those of you who don’t know me, i am a very busy person: full time student, working full time, working for an online magazine and trying to maintain somewhat of a social life. Taking time for myself in the past has kind of taken a backseat in my life- but now is time for that change. Why sit around waiting for someone to come and give you something you’ve always wanted? It’s 2016! Get yourself the gift you’ve always wanted. There is no better way to make yourself feel special than treating yourself to some new things! So here are the top ten things to get yourself for Valentine’s day!
- Chanel No 5 Scented Candle $13 Getting a new candle is always such an amazing feeling! For my birthday this year my parents got me a vanilla macaroon scented candle, and it absolutely transforms the way my room feels at night. Since getting the candle, every single night before going to bed I either burn the candle and watch episodes of Sex and the City, or I read pages in my book.
- Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Lolita $20 You know how there are crazy cat ladies? I am definitely a crazy lipstick lady! Lipstick, lipstain, lipgloss or any lip products pretty much are my favorite thing to splurge on. I can’t walk into a target without leaving with at least three new things of chapstick. But Kat Von D’s liquid lipstick will stay on your lips ALL day. I put it on before my eight hour shifts at work, and after work my lips still look beautiful! But, i will forever invest in my lips!
- Marc Jacobs Cat Eye Sunglasses $110 I know this is an item that is a little pricier than the others, but trust me having one great pair of sunglasses will permanently replace all those ten dollar cheap sunnies you get from Forever 21, that almost ALWAYS break! I think there is no better time to get an investment piece than Valentine’s day. When everyone is walking around with their bouquets or boxes of chocolates, you will be rocking new sunnies- and you will be killing it.
- Clinique Moisturizer $15 I don’t know about you guys, but my face gets so incredibly dry in the winter time- and for some reason most of the Wallgreen’s brand moisturizers just don’t cut it for me. In dry times like this, getting yourself some nice moisturizer will make such a difference!
- Gap Workout Leggings $60 I am absolutely obsessed with these workout leggings, about a week ago i was in Gap and they were having a pretty good deal on workout clothes- so i decided to invest in some nice workout leggings. My personal biggest pet peeve when it comes to workout leggings is when you are working out and they keep sliding down! I recently started getting back into my favorite boxing workout, and everyday this week when i would go, my pants would stay perfectly in place!
- Kate Spade Tumbler $18 One of my New Year’s resolutions this year is to drink more water! I am one of those girls who just loves a diet coke with a lemon, but i was thinking about how much i actually drink diet cokes compared to the amount of water i drink. But, nothing motivates me to drink water more than a cute tumbler.
- Target Cable Knit Throw Blanket $20 2016 is the year of my bedroom. I have decided to make my bedroom the most peaceful place, so far i have moved all of my furniture so i can maximize the natural light in my bedroom. If you are a renter like me it can be kind of difficult to make your room feel like yours. My goal is to make my room feel like it’s always belonged to me, and not anybody else. Nothing makes your room cozier/more peaceful than a beautiful throw blanket.
- This Is How You Lose Her book $9 I think that everybody should read more, it only takes one book to spark your interest- and let’s face it, there are books about everything these days. This book was on my reading list for the past year, and i never got around to actually reading it. But, then i picked it up about two weeks ago, and now i can’t seem to put it down!
- Philosophy Vanilla Bean Body Wash $18 I can’t stress more how life changing it is to buy a body wash that can be your signature smell. I always choose vanilla, and Philosophy hands down makes the best body washes.
- Calvin Klein Underwear $20 Just do it. You won’t regret it. It is the softest pair of underwear that I own. New underwear is always the best gift to get yourself, you feel so confident, sexy and powerful. The best part is only you know what it is!
I hope everyone is having an amazing 2016 so far! Everyone should remember to put yourselves first, and the best way to always do that is by treating yo’ self!